Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.08+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a solid reference, a reliable, up-to-date resource for families and students, who want to understand the inner workings of the human body. Engaging text by science writers Lisa Stein and Trisha Gura reveals the complex and fascinating systems of the body: from the Cells to the Skin, from the Circulatory System to the Nervous System. Hardworking diagrams and photographs complement colourful imagery and visual data generated by state-of-the-art tools such as powerful microscopes, ultrasound imaging, and molecular surveillance.Special-topic sidebars include: What Can Go Wrong; Breakthroughs; and Biographies. Fact boxes accent the narrative with such quick-hit information as How Botox Works, The origin of the term 'blue blood,' and Why are Joe Namath's knees are famous? For easy, quick access, each chapter includes a glossary of terms pertinent to the system at hand. Valuable cross-referencing tools appear in every chapter to guide readers to related information throughout the book. A full appendix includes a bookwide glossary, timeline of medical discoveries, and biographies of key medical pioneers.
- Author BiographyPatricia Daniels has written extensively on science and health. Among her publications are Time-Life's Human Body, Childhood Medical Guide, and Medical Advisor. Trisha Gura holds a Ph.D in molecular biology from Northwestern University. Her articles can frequently be found in Science, Nature, New Scientist, and Scientific American. Lisa Stein is a former editor with U.S. News and World Report. Her articles on health and science have appeared in AP, UPI, and the National Journal.
- Author(s)Lisa Stein
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication03/12/2007
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationHanover, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Out-of-print date08/11/2011
- Content Notecol
- Weight1928 g
- Width236 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.