All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionBodywise is based on Joseph Heller's own brand of deep-tissue bodywork, which makes the connection between life issues and natural bodily alignment, and shows how to restore the body's natural balance. The book teaches readers how to regain control and become a full-time owner of their bodies. Part One explains the way the body works, in everyday life as well as in the structures of consciousness. Part Two takes the reader on a guided tour of the Hellerwork experience.
- Author BiographyJoseph Heller, a graduate of Cal Tech, spent 10 years as an aerospace engineer at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California. He later became the director of Kairos, a Los Angeles center for human development, and participated in year-long training programs in bioenergetics and gestalt, as well as shorter workshops with Buckminister Fuller, John Lilly, Virginia Satir, and Brugh Joy. He became a Rolfer in 1972 and continued to study with Ida Rolf through 1978, while learning Patterning from Judith Aston. He became the first president of the Rolf Institute in 1975 and left that position to found the Hellerwork Institute and its training program, Body of Knowledge, in 1978. He lives, practices, and teaches Hellerwork in Mt. Shasta, California. Bill Henkin hold graduate degrees in English, psychology, and human sexuality. A former university English instructor and magazine editor, he is author or coauthor of 14 books and editor or producer of a dozen more, including The Psychic Healing Book (with Amy Wallace), The Rocky Horror Picture Show Book, and Consensual Sadomasochism: How to Talk About It and How to do it Safely.
- Author(s)Joseph Heller,William A. Henkin
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Noteill
- Weight517 g
- Width178 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.