Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven before there were runways, the area south of the city of Seattle was Washington s aviation hub. Charles Hamilton, a daredevil dubbed Crazy Man of the Air, became the first flyer in the state when he coaxed his Curtiss biplane into the sky over Meadows Racetrack in 1910. He promptly crashed. With the help of William Boeing and his growing aviation company, Boeing Field opened in 1928. In those early days, brave air travelers could hitch a ride along with bags of mail in cold, isy biplanes. Bigger, better aircraft soon followed, but wartime intervened. Thousands of Flying Fortress bombers emerged from Boeing s Plant 2 at the edge of the airfield and winged off to war. In the years after, Boeing Field served a dazzling array of winged machines from the smallest Piper Cub to Air Force One.
- Author(s)Cory Graff
- PublisherArcadia Publishing (SC)
- Date of Publication06/02/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Series TitleImages of Aviation
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcadia Publishing (SC)
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.