Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionDigging for peat in the mountain with his Uncle Tally, Fergus finds the body of a child, and it looks like she's been murdered. As Fergus tries to make sense of the mad world around him - his brother on hunger-strike in prison, his growing feelings for Cora, his parents arguing over the Troubles, and him in it up to the neck, blackmailed into acting as courier to God kws what, a little voice comes to him in his dreams, and the mystery of the bog child unfurls. Bog Child is an astonishing vel exploring the sacrifices made in the name of peace, and the unflinching strength of the human spirit.
- Author BiographySiobhan Dowd lived in Oxford with her husband, Geoff, before tragically dying from cancer in August 2007, aged 47. She was both an extraordinary writer and an extraordinary person, and leaves two unpublished novels, the first being Bog Child. Siobhan's first novel, A Swift Pure Cry won the Branford Boase Award and the Eilis Dillon Award and was shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal and Booktrust Teenage Prize. Her second novel, The London Eye Mystery, won the 2007 NASEN & TES Special Educational Needs Children's Book Award.
- PrizesWinner of Bisto Book of the Year Award 2009. Shortlisted for Guardian Children's Fiction Award 2008.
- Author(s)Siobhan Dowd
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date30/12/2010
- Weight224 g
- Width131 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Interest Agefrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.