All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionGastromy is a wonderful starting point to study France and the French. As the retired school master from Provence says, The religion of France is food. And wine, of course. And they put their money where their mouth is, spending a greater proportion of their income on food and drink than any other nation in the world. Literally hundreds of gastromic fairs and festivals take place throughout the year all over France - a frog fair, an hommage to the sausage, to the turnip, to the quiche and the ble Camembert. What kind of person is a snail-fancier? Is there a brotherhood of sausage conisseurs? How can you devote an entire weekend to the French fry? Peter Mayle finds out and brings to life the people who can get passionate about a frog's leg or a well-turned omelette. Over ten years ago he transformed our feelings about Provence, w he wants to capture the irresistible essence of France herself - and her food.
- Author BiographyPeter Mayle's trilogy about Provence has sold millions of copies throughout the world.
- Author(s)Peter Mayle
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication23/08/2001
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Out-of-print date30/12/2009
- Content Notemaps
- Weight420 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.