All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the remarkable story of Scotland's richest silver mine, near Alva, Clackmannanshire. Its discovery, coinciding with the 1715 Jacobite rebellion, led to an extraordinary sequence of events told here for the first time. It is a true story of fortunes made and lost, and the cast of characters include Jacobites and Haverians, lords and ladies, a disloyal servant, a loyal wife, and Sir Isaac Newton. This book has been thoroughly researched from primary sources and is written in a straightforward narrative style. It is a co-publication with 'Forth Naturalist' and 'Historian'.
- Author BiographyThis is Stephen Moreton's first book. He is the author of many, articles, reviews, patents and research papers on mineralogy, mining history and chemistry.
- Author(s)Stephen Moreton
- PublisherNMSE - Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNMSE - Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteb&w photos and illus
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.