All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAustralian companies are increasingly turning to corporate bonds for major capital raisings. This book, recognising that companies may sacrifice the interests of bondholders to achieve the best results for their shareholders, analyses the rights and remedies bondholders have against that occurring. Jackson Taylor shows how bondholders are affected by event risk and explains the major types of contractual covenants that are used to protect against it. The analysis tes the different practices often employed in the retail and institutional bond markets and the effect of conversion rights and the presence of senior bank lending. The effectiveness of these covenants in restraining prejudicial corporate conduct is considered in light of the remedies available under Australian law. The book then provides a comprehensive survey of the protection available under the general law for the large numbers of bondholders who lack adequate, or any, covenant protection. This reviews both well established legal rules (for example capital maintenance requirements and directors duties) and considers more invative applications of regulation and doctrine (such as just and equitable winding-up and other Corporations Act remedies). In each case the focus is on the special circumstances applicable to the corporate bond context, illustrated with reference to American bondholder litigation and suggestions for how Australian law might resolve things differently.
- Author(s)Jackson Taylor
- PublisherFederation Press
- Date of Publication16/09/2005
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleAustralian Legal Monograph S.
- Place of PublicationAnnandale, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFederation Press
- Weight342 g
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.