All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn hard-hitting, sophisticated, often lyrical language, Jan Beatty investigates the idea of the body as cultural machine, shelter, mirage, or home. She rescripts the birth scene with girders and industrial pulleys; the womb as inhabited by a young girl architect. Structurally adventurous, the poems in Boneshaker question icons and invoke taboos, connect desire with place and class, walk the tightrope between sex and love.
- Author BiographyJan Beatty's first book, Mad River, won the 1994 Agnes Lynch Starrett Poetry Prize. Her collection Ravenous won the 1995 State Street Chapbook Prize. She has been published in Indiana Review, Witness, The Journal, Crab Orchard Review, and various anthologies. A resident of Pittsburgh, she is the host and producer of Prosody, a weekly radio program featuring the work of national writers.
- Author(s)Jan Beatty
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2002
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePitt Poetry Series
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.