Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- Descriptionboo hoo is the story of how an international model and a former poetry critic from Sweden dreamt up the most ambitious and glamorous internet start-up yet attempted; how they convinced the world's biggest fashion houses and Wall Street investment banks to invest $135 million into their plan; and, ultimately, how they burned through all this money in just over a year. The rise and fall of boo.com is an insider's look at the 18 months of euphoria that ushered in the dot.com era. boo hoo is an upfront and self-critical account of what went wrong, and right, at boo.com. It is a pacy business thriller that addresses the ethos of internet greed in the way that the bestselling Barbarians at the Gate portrayed business greed in the 1980s. By telling their story, the founders of boo will finally answer the many questions asked by the media, other internet firms, investment banks and everyone else who remains fascinated by the company.
- Author BiographyErnst Malmsten: born in Sweden and knew Kajsa in kindergarten. He met her again outside a Paris nightclub in 1992. The two of them made millions by selling their first internet venture, bokus.com, to Bertelsmann (bol.com). Kajsa Leander: also born in Sweden, and 'discovered' by the famous Elite modelling agency. She modelled for two years at all the major catwalk shows, and made all the covers of the top magazines including Elle and Vogue. Erik Portanger has been staff reporter at the Wall Street Journal for 18 months and has been a journalist for over 10 years. Before working for the WSJ, he was a senior correspondent for the AP Dow Jones News Service for 5 years.
- PrizesShortlisted for WH Smith Book Awards (Business) 2002.
- Author(s)Charles Drazin,Erik Portanger,Ernst Malmsten,Kajsa Leander
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectAutobiography: Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Business Books
- Out-of-print date05/07/2005
- Weight645 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.