All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- Description<i>Do you ever wonder, dear Mother and Father, what kind of toothpaste angels use in heaven? I will tell you. . . . This book I am writing to you about my afterlife will be your nitty-gritty. One day I hope to discover a way to deliver my story to you.</i> It is the first week of school in 1979, and Oliver Boo Dalrymple ghostly pale eighth grader; aspiring scientist; social pariah is standing next to his locker, reciting the periodic table. The next thing he kws, he finds himself lying in a strange bed in a strange land. He is a new resident of a place called Town an afterlife exclusively for thirteen-year-olds. Soon Boo is joined by Johnny Henzel, a fellow classmate, who brings with him a piece of surprising news about the circumstances of the boys deaths. In Town, there are trees or animals, just endless rows of redbrick dormitories surrounded by unscalable walls. No one grows or ages, but everyone arrives just slightly altered from who he or she was before. To Boo s great surprise, the qualities that made him an outcast at home win him friends; and he finds himself capable of a joy he has never experienced. But there is a darker side to life after death and as Boo and Johnny attempt to learn what happened that fateful day, they discover a disturbing truth that will have profound repercussions for both of them. Hilarious and heartwarming, poignant and profound, <i>Boo </i>is a unique look at the bonds of friendship in what is, ultimately, a book about finding your place in the world be it this one, or the next.
- Author BiographyNeil Smith is a French to English translator who lives in Montreal. His first book, the story collection<i>Bang Crunch</i>, was published around the world to critical acclaim and was chosen as one of the best books of the year by the<i>Globe and Mail</i>and the<i>Washington Post</i>.<i>Boo</i>is his first novel.
- Author(s)Neil Smith
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVintage Contemporaries
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.