Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $31.99Trending at AU $47.82
- AU $38.99Trending at AU $75.48
- AU $34.99Trending at AU $66.00
- AU $66.32Trending at AU $78.97
- AU $59.75Trending at AU $64.40
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $71.35
- AU $67.95Trending at AU $109.24
About this product
- Product Information'You the funkiest man alive.' Miles Davis' accolade was the perfect expression of John Lee Hooker's apotheosis as blues superstar: recording with the likes of Van Morrison, Keith Richards and Carlos Santana; making TV commercials (Lee Jeans); appearing in films (The Blues Brothers); and even starring in Pete Townshend's musical adaptation of Ted Hughes' story The Iron Man. His was an extraordinary life. Born in the American deep south, he moved to Detroit and then, in a career spanning over fifty years, recorded hypnotic blues classics such as 'Boogie Chillen', rhythm-and-blues anthems such as 'Dimples' and 'Boom Boom' and, in his final, glorious renaissance, the Grammy-winning album The Healer. Charles Shaar Murray's authoritative biography vividly, and often in John Lee Hooker's own words, does magnificent justice to the man and his music.
- TitleBoogie Man
- Product Release Date11/11/2008
- Theatrical Release Year2008
- Number of Discs1
- ActorsBryant Gumbel,Chuck Jackson,Connie Chung,Eric Alterman,George Bush,George W. Bush,Howard Fineman,Jim McCabe,Joe Conason,Mary Matalin,Michael Dukakis,Rich Peterson,Robert D. Novak,Sam Donaldson,Terry McAuliffe,Tom DeLay,Tucker Eskew,Willie Horton
- DirectorsStefan Forbes
- Rating InfoLow Level Coarse Language,Mild Themes
- Run Time86 minutes
- Primary GenreSpecial Interest
- Sub GenreBiography,Comedy,Documentary,Short
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.