Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.08
About this product
- DescriptionOne woman's passion for books and search for romance lie at the heart of this touching and funny vel about literature and longing in Los Angeles. 'Women do different things when they're depressed. Some smoke, others drink, some call their therapists, some eat...And I do what I have always done - go off on a book bender that can last for days.' Whenever she's in crisis - her marriage ends, her career stalls, her fantasy man shows signs of human frailty - Dora (named after Eudora Welty) escapes into t one, t two, but a carefully selected stack of books, shutting the door on the outside world until she emerges from her book binge strong eugh to face her problems. Books have always been her saving grace, sheltering her during a difficult childhood and arming her with lessons and epigrams that are right for nearly every situation. But life is more complicated than a-book-a-day, and people - like her ex-alcoholic mother and judgmental sister - aren't as compliant as beloved characters in a vel...Whether she's being seduced by a quotation-quipping Quixote, or explaining death to a child by reading from 'Charlotte's Web', Dora is Every-reader, and her charming story, shot through with humour and humanity, will delight anyone who's ever sought solace in the pages of a book.
- Author BiographyJennifer Kaufman was a staff reporter for the Los Angeles Times for 10 years and is currently a freelance writer. Karen Mack is a film and television producer who has won Golden Globe and Emmy awards. Both live in Los Angeles and this is their first novel.
- Author(s)Jennifer Kaufman,Karen Mack
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight346 g
- Width198 mm
- Height129 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.