All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionBooks contain countless tales but what if Book told its own story? From clay tablets to e-readers, here is a quirky, kid-friendly look at the book. Books are one of humankind s greatest forms of expression, and w Book, in a witty, idiosyncratic voice, tells us the inside story. A wonderfully eccentric character with strong opinions and a poetic turn of phrase, Book tells of a journey from papyrus scrolls to medieval manuscripts to printed paper and beyond pondering, along the way, many bookish things, including the evolution of the alphabet, the library (kwn to Egyptians as the healing place of the soul ), and even book burning. With bold, black-and-white illustrations by Neil Packer, Book is a captivating work of nfiction by one of England's leading poets.
- Author BiographyJohn Agard is a poet, playwright, and children s writer. Born in Guyana, where his love of language grew out of listening to sports commentaries on the radio, he now lives in East Sussex, England, with his partner, the poet Grace Nichols, and their daughter. Neil Packer is the illustrator of several classic books, including One Hundred Years of Solitude, as well as Gillian Cross s magnificent retellings of The Odyssey and The Iliad. Neil Packer lives in London with his son.
- Author(s)John Agard
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Neil Packer
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.