All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe digital revolution has brought with it a wider range of options for creating and producing print on paper products than ever seen before. With the growing demand for skills and knowledge with which to exploit the potential of digital technology, comes the need for a comprehensive book that not only makes it possible for production staff, editors, and designers to understand how the technology affects the industry they work in, but also provides them with the skills and competencies they need to work in it smartly and effectively. This book is designed to satisfy this need. Book Production falls into two parts: The first part deals with the increasingly important role of production as project managers, a role which has not been adequately written about in any of the recent literature on publishing. The second part deals with the processes and raw materials used in developing and manufacturing print on paper products. Case studies are used to illustrate why and how some processes or raw materials may or may not be appropriate for a particular job. With expert opinions and case studies, and a consideration of the practices and issues involved, this offers a comprehensive overview of book production for anyone working, or training to work in or in conjunction with the books industry.
- Author BiographyAdrian Bullock has for the past twenty years been Principal Lecturer on the undergraduate and postgraduate publishing programmes at Oxford Brookes University, where he specializes in project and production management. He is now runs Oxford Publishing Consultancy which specialises in publishing project and production management, and allows him to put to practical use many of the techniques he spends his time teaching. He is also involved in extensive publishing consultancy work in the developing world, particularly in educational publishing, for bilateral and multilateral agencies such as the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the Soros Foundation, DfID, USAID, UNICEF, and UNESCO.
- Author(s)Adrian Bullock
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/06/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white line drawings
- Weight358 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.