All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis, the first edition of the devotionary composed by Constanza de Castilla, granddaughter of Pedro I and prioress of the monastery of Santa Domingo el Real Madrid from approximately 1416 to 1465, is an important contribution to the small body of writing by medieval Spanish women available today. Comprising a variety of prayers and liturgy offices in Spanish and Latin, the book provides moving evidence of the beliefs, experience, and expression of religious women in Spain of the later Middle Ages.
- Author BiographyConstanza de Castilla, Reina de Castilla was the daughter of Pedro I de Castilla, Rey de Castilla and Maria de Padilla. She was born in 1354 and died on 24 March 1394 in Leicester, England. She is buried at Newark Abbey, Leicester, Leicestershire, England.
- Author(s)Constanza De Castilla
- PublisherUniversity of Exeter Press
- Date of Publication01/02/1998
- LanguageEnglish & Latin & Spanish
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Series TitleExeter Hispanic Texts
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 52.
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Exeter Press
- Content Note2 b&w halftones, notes
- Weight235 g
- Width149 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byConstance L. Wilkins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.