All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New York Times bestseller, w in paperback, is a hilarious and inspiring tribute to the iconic comedian Joan Rivers by the person who knew her best--her daughter, Melissa. Joan and Melissa had one of the most celebrated mother-daughter relationships of all time. Her love for her daughter knew bounds--or boundaries, apparently. ( Melissa, I ackwledge that you have boundaries. I just choose to t respect them. ) In The Book of Joan: Tales of Mirth, Mischief, and Manipulation, Melissa shares stories (like when she was nine months old and her parents delivered her to Johnny Carson as a birthday gift), bons mots ( Missy, is there anything better than seeing a really good-looking couple pushing a baby that looks like a Sasquatch who got caught in a house fire? ), and life lessons from growing up in the Rosenberg-Rivers household ( I can do tips and discounts and figure out the number of gay men in an audience to make it a good show. That's all the math you'll ever need. ). These were just the tip of the iceberg when it came to life in the family that Melissa describes as more Addams than Cleaver. And at the center of it all was a tiny blond force of nature. In The Book of Joan, Melissa Rivers relates funny, poignant, and irreverent observations, thoughts, and tales about the woman who raised her (and is the reason she considers Valium one of the four basic food groups).
- Author BiographyMELISSA RIVERS is an Ivy League graduate, co-creator of the Red Carpet franchise, and the executive producer for the E! Entertainment series Fashion Police. She is also the author of Red Carpet Ready: Secrets for Making the Most of Any Moment You're in the Spotlight and is the first celebrity to partner with renowned online footwear brand Zappos.com. She lives with her two dogs and son, Cooper, in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Melissa Rivers
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Archetype
- Weight181 g
- Width203 mm
- Height132 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.