Book of the Royal Blue, Vol. 5 (Classic Reprint) by Baltimore And Ohio Railroad Company (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Book of the Royal Blue, Vol. 5 He lived long eugh to feel the solace of the prayers that men offered for his recovery and to realize that if destiny had given him a martyrs cross, it also brought the martyrs crown of.immortality and hor. Quite as truly, as any soldier who falls in battle, he died for his country as the victim of a social propaganda which wages war against the representatives of all civilization and government. The Divine Healer did t answer, as we asked, our prayers for his recovery. We asked for his life, and He has given him a long life, even forever and ever. His own prayer as he sank into unconsciousness before the surgical operation was that of the soldier and the Christian Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done. It was the spirit of one ready for any fate, the spirit of a manly, Christian gentleman who had faced danger and death and all the problems of life many times before, and was prepared to face the last great problem with the same brave and unshaken heart. In this solemn moment, when death unites the nation in a brotherhood of sorrow, all true Americans will delight in doing hor to the ble personal qualities which illuminated the life of Mr. McKinley and made him a splendid type of American manhood, which is the highest expression of humanity. Mr. McKinley was a man of strong and solid mind, and history will give him high rank among our Presidents, t only because of his association with the great events of his time, but because of real ability and comprehensive grasp in public affairs. His moral qualities were those which the. American people will admire and dwell upon most at this juncture his personal and public purity, his kindly heart and generous impulses, his shining domestic virtues, his love of country and his brave and undaunted soul. His name will be associated with the patriotic and ble effort to bury sectional discord at home and to unite in peace and love the States torn asunder many years ago by hate and war. Standing by the man who has died for the nation, we are all today Americans, and thing but Americans. The blood of the martyr is the seed of the church, the tragedy of Mr. McKinley's death should strengthen the foundations of the Republic by bringing closer together all who love free institutions and giving fresh power to old ideals and aspirations. His touching prayer should. be the inspiration for the revival of a higher. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Baltimore And Ohio Railroad Company
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.55
- AU $35.31Trending at AU $51.32
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $26.23Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.90
- AU $30.33Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.