All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionOn the heels of her national bestsellers Jemima J and Mr. Maybe, British sensation Jane Green delivers a sparkling tale of old friends reunited and old jealousies rekindled.Catherine Warner and Simon Nelson are best friends: total opposites, always together, and both unlucky in love. Cath is scatterbrained, messy, and since she had her heart broken a few years back emotionally closed off. Si is impossibly tidy, bitchy, and desperate for a man of his own. They live in London s West Hampstead along with their lifelong friends, Josh and Lucy, who are happily married with a devil-spawn child and a terrifying Swedish nanny, Ingrid. All s well (sort of) until the sudden arrival of a college friend the stunningly beautiful Portia, who s kwn for breaking hearts. Though they ve grown up and grown apart from Portia, the four friends welcome her back into the fold. But does Portia have a hidden agenda or is she merely looking to reconnect with old friends? Her reappearance soon unleashes a rollicking series of events that tests the foursome s friendships to the limit and leaves them wondering if a happy ending is in store. Fortunately, Cath has plenty to take her mind off Portia s schemes like her gutsy decision to leave her job in advertising to fulfill her dream of opening a bookstore. And then there s James, the sexy real-estate agent who keeps dropping by even after the bookstore deal is done. With his irresistible smile and boyish charm could he be the one to melt Cath s heart? Told with Jane Green s captivating wit and flare, Bookends is above all a story about friendship its twists, turns and complications and how it weathers the challenges of love, ambition, marriage, and, most of all, growing up. Warmhearted, sophisticated, and full of delicious surprises, Bookends is Green s most dazzling vel yet. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJane Green worked for many years as a journalist, with occasional forays into public relations for film, television, and the odd celebrity. The author of four other novels, including Straight Talking, Jemima J (Broadway Books, 2000), Mr. Maybe (Broadway Books, 2001), and Babyville (Broadway Books, 2003), she lives outside New York City with her husband and two children. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Jane Green
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight277 g
- Width134 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.