Boots on the Ground by Dusk: My Tribute to Pat Tillman by Mary Tillman, Narda Zacchino (CD-Audio, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.04+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.97
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.38
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.04
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $25.38
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.07
About this product
- DescriptionPat Tillman was seen by many as an American hero. A star college football player turned pro, he walked away from a multimillion-dollar NFL contract after the 9/11 attacks, choosing to enlist in the U.S. Army. He graduated from their elite Ranger school and was deployed to Iraq in 2003. On April 22, 2004, Pat Tillman was killed in Afghanistan. The administration and the Pentagon immediately portrayed his death as the result of a dramatic gun battle with the enemy, and Pat was posthumously awarded the Silver Star and a promotion in recognition of his bravery. But as would later emerge, Army officials were all along hiding the truth: Pat was killed by his fellow Rangers. The Tillmans discovered this fact five weeks after Pat's death, and six separate investigations have since been launched, largely due to the family's passionate insistence. But even w, the true circumstances remain murky and fraught with contradictions.Here is Mary Tillman's story, as she describes her attempts to uncover the truth about what happened to Pat and why the government went to such great lengths to keep the circumstances secret. In the process, she paints an indelible portrait of her son, a man of remarkable character who followed a set of guiding principles that ultimately led him to Afghanistan and, in death, into the hearts and minds of people all over the world.Written to coincide with the release of the feature film The Tillman Story, Mary Tillman's explosive new foreword describes her family's ongoing appeals to President Obama, the Pentagon, and members of Congress to get to the bottom of what happened and hold accountable the senior military officials responsible for the cover-up of Pat's death. McChrystal's actions should have been grounds for firing. That is why it was so disturbing to us when President Obama instead promoted McChrystal to the position of top commander in Afghanistan.... On June 22, 2010, General Stanley McChrystal was forced to retire after remarks he and his staff made to a Rolling Stone reporter, Michael Hastings. I found myself feeling strangely validated. --Mary Tillman
- Author BiographyMary Tillman is a special education teacher in San Jose, California, where she lives. Narda Zacchino is a former associate editor at the Los Angeles Times and a former deputy editor of the San Francisco Chronicle. She lives in Berkeley, California. Coming soon...
- Author(s)Mary Tillman,Narda Zacchino
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication29/04/2008
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Mary Tillman
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time720
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.