All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is January of 1915 when destiny and a dangerous scheme bring two former West Point classmates together once again. Samuel Jenkins has lured Daniel Taylor to Terlingua, Texas, with the promise of earning high wages at a quicksilver mine. Although Taylor suspects Jenkins' motives, he has idea that Jenkins is secretly hoping to involve him in a fraudulent deal to rob Pancho Villa of his remaining wealth before the war ends. Upon arriving, Taylor forms a tenuous friendship with a naive commander who is awed by Taylor's experiences, yet disturbed by his relationship with infamous war pro teers. It is t long before Lieutenant Jack Thompson is ordered to assist Marshal Navarro, who repeatedly uses the young commander and his soldiers as violent instruments of his unique form of border justice. Ultimately, when Navarro bushwhacks Taylor and Jenkins during the Second Punitive Expedition into Mexico, the Lieutenant is forced to make an agonizing choice between duty and friendship. Populated with dynamic characters drawn from the 1910 Mexican Revolution, Boquillas Crossing weaves a lively tale of adventure, deception, and love as it celebrates monumental historical events and the natural beauty of the Big Bend region of far west Texas.
- Author(s)Rawles Williams
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.