All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes you on a historical tour of the wine chateaux that established Bordeaux as the worlds benchmark for red wine. The greatest red wines in the world are produced in the Medoc region within Bordeauxs wine country. Their peerless quality was awarded official recognition through the 1855 classification, which marked the birth of a ble heritage celebrating the glory of outstanding wines. This is a voyage of discovery to these exceptional estates, richly illustrated with photographs specially commissioned for the book. Old charterhouses, quaint follies, and emblematic castles are scattered throughout this huge expanse of vineyards. Their oft-overlooked wineries stand to the side or behind these stunning properties, and belie the meticulous and magical work that they shelter, where a long line of elite winemakers fastidiously watch over the laborious wine-making tradition that has defined these exceptional wines for more than 150 years. A chateaus history can be a riveting saga but whether simple or complex it invariably demonstrates that the splendor of great Bordeaux wines resides t in eccentricity, but in perfect balance. This new edition of a best-selling Flammarion classic is w offered as an attractively-priced paperback edition that has been updated with additional tasting tes for the wine harvests since 2005.
- Author BiographyFernando Moleres is a leading Spanish photographer. He began his career documenting life in the slums of post apartheid South Africa. His photographs have appeared in many of the world s most influential publications, including The Sunday Times, The Independent, El Pais, Le Monde, Le Figaro, Der Stern, Geo, Haaretz, and De Volkskrant.
- Author(s)Franck Ferrand,Hugh Johnson,Jean-Paul Kauffmann
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication19/10/2009
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Out-of-print date08/08/2015
- Content Note450 colour illustrations
- Weight1530 g
- Width225 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.