All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume assesses the importance of border crossings in the evolution of European culture and identity, as reflected in the work of modern European writers and film-makers. Contributors chart the processes of transition from stability to change, from the kwn to the culturally unsettled, treating the themes of migration, exile, allegiance and belonging, journey, marginality, the legacy of war and displacement, memory and the denial of memory. What emerges is a cross-disciplinary reappraisal of the concept of identity, in which fixity is replaced by movement, and in which the dynamic process of story-telling, with its narratives of migration, exile, and borders crossed, mirrors the shifting and madic pluralities of modern existence.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Peter Wagstaff is Senior Lecturer in French and European Studies at the University of Bath. Publications include Memory and Desire: Retif de la Bretonne, Autobiography and Utopia (1996), Regionalism in the European Union (1999) and Cultures of Exile: Images of Displacement (co-editor, Berghahn, 2004).
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleEuropean Connections
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 16
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight400 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byPeter Wagstaff
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.