All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Bennet reports from the border between plausible narrative and the wilder territories of the imagination. This collection brings together his best work of the past fifteen years, including poems from his T.S. Eliot Prize-shortlisted collection, The Glass Swarm, and his four major sequences, The Long Pack, Jigger Nods, Folly Wood and Bobby Bendick's Ride. As Andrew Motion put it, these poems establish the criteria by which they must be judged...
- Author BiographyPeter Bennet was born in Staffordshire in 1942. He went as a scholarship boy to King's School Macclesfield, and then to Manchester College of Art and Design, where he was influenced by Norman Adams and his wife, the poet Anna Adams. He taught in secondary and further education, including work with redundant steelworkers following the closure of Consett Steel Works, and spent sixteen years as Tutor Organiser for Northumberland with the Workers' Educational Association. He gave up painting for writing in 1980 and did a part-time MA at Newcastle University, including a study of W.S.Graham. His Bloodaxe retrospective Border: New & Selected Poems (2013) includes work from books including Goblin Lawn (2005), a Poetry Book Society Recommendation, The Glass Swarm (2008), a Poetry Book Society Choice which was shortlisted for the T.S. Eliot Prize, and A Game of Bear (2011), all published by Flambard Press, and features his four major sequences, The Long Pack, Jigger Nods, Folly Wood and Bobby Bendick's Ride, as well as a selection of new poems. He has received major awards from New Writing North and Arts Council England and been a prizewinner in the National and the Arvon International Poetry Competitions, and in the Basil Bunting Awards. He lived for thirty-three years near the Wild Hills o'Wanney in Northumberland, in a cottage associated with the ballad writer James Armstrong, author of Wannie Blossoms. He now lives in Whitley Bay.
- Author(s)Peter Bennet
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Weight295 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.