All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere has never been a greater need for practical DIY marketing advice from a musician who has been there and succeeded than w-at a time when new techlogies make it more possible than ever for musicians to attract attention independently and leverage their own careers, and record industry professionals look exclusively for developed artists who are already successful. Written by a professional musician for other musicians, Music Marketing for the DIY Musician is a proactive, practical, step-by-step guide to producing a fully integrated, customised, low-budget plan of attack for artists marketing their own music. In a conversational tone, it reveals a systematic business approach employing the same tools and techniques used by invative top companies, while always encouraging musicians to stay true to their artistic integrity. It's the perfect blend of left-brain and right-brain marketing. This book is the culmination of the author's 25 years in the trenches as a musician and entrepreneur, and over a decade in academic and practical research involving thousands of independent artists and marketing experts from around the world. The goal is to help musical artists take control of their own destiny, save money and time, and eventually draw the full attention of top music industry professionals. It's ultimately about making music that matters-and music that gets heard!
- Author BiographyBOBBY BORG has over 25 years' experience in music as a former recording/touring artist for Warrant, Beggars and Thieves, and other groups. He teaches at Musicians Institute, UCLA Extension, and Berklee College of Music. Borg is the author of The Musician's Handbook and over 1,000 magazine and blog articles. He is VP of Special Events for the American Marketing Association and founder of Bobby Borg Consulting, where he assists rising music professionals globally.
- Author(s)Bobby Borg
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic Pro Guides
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHal Leonard Corporation
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight862 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.