All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Argentine writer Jorge Luis Borges is undoubtedly one of the defining voices of our age. Since the Second World War, his work has had an ermous impact on generations of writers, philosophers and literary theorists. This clear and accessibly written guide offers a close reading of ten of Borges' greatest short stories, seeking to bring out the logic that has made his work so influential. The main section of the guide offers an analysis of such key terms in Borges' work as labyrinth and the infinite and analyses Borges' particular narrative strategies. This guide also sets Borges' work within its wider literary, cultural and intellectual contexts and provides an antated guide to both scholarly and popular responses to his work to assist further reading.
- Author BiographyRex Butler is Senior Lecturer in Art History at the University of Queensland, Australia. His previous publications include Jean Baudrillard: The Defence of the Real (Sage, 1999).
- Author(s)Rex Butler
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/01/2010
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleA Reader's Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.