All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1960, Joy Adamson first introduced to the world the story of her life alongside Elsa - the lioness she had rescued as an orphaned cub and raised to adulthood at her home in Kenya. But, as Elsa had been born free, Joy made the heartbreaking decision to return her to the wild. Since the first publication of Born Free generations of readers have been enchanted, inspired and moved by its uplifting charm and the remarkable interaction between Joy and Elsa. Rediscover the original story in the words of the woman who reared Elsa and walked with the lions. This Macmillan Collector's Library edition also features an introduction by John Rendall, author of A Lion Called Christian. Designed to appeal to the book lover, the Macmillan Collector's Library is a series of beautiful gift editions of much loved classic titles. Macmillan Collector's Library are books to love and treasure.
- Author BiographyJoy Adamson was a pioneer in the field of conservation. With her husband George, senior game warden in a huge area of the northern frontier province of Kenya, she established one of the world's first wild animal appeals. Now the Elsa Conservation Trust, it operates an education, training and wildlife retreat centre at the Adamsons' former home of Elsamere, on the shores of Lake Naivasha.
- Author(s)Joy Adamson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectBiography: General
- Series TitleMacmillan Collector's Library
- Series Part/Volume Number88
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Weight269 g
- Width103 mm
- Height158 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.