All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTranslated by Liz HerronIntroduced by Jacqueline Rose This fierce memoir is both elegiac and indicting. Marcel Liebman's account of his childhood in Brussels under the Nazi occupation explores the emergence of his class-consciousness against a background of resistance and collaboration. He documents the internal class war that has long been hidden from history--how the Nazi persecution exploited class distinctions within the Jewish community, and how certain Jewish tables collaborated in a systematic program of denunciation and deportation against immigrant Jews who lacked the privileges of wealth and citizenship. An eminent anti-Zionist and Marxist, Liebman tells the story of his family's struggle to survive in the face of persecution, terror and constant evasion, an existence observed with acuity, humor and lyricism.
- Author BiographyMarcel Liebman (1929-1986) a Belgian historian, is author of Leninism Under Lenin and The Russian Revolution.
- Author(s)Marcel Liebman
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication29/11/2005
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byLiz Heron
- Introduction byJacqueline Rose
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.