Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a breach birth leaves Paulo severely disabled, his father, the articulate, unsentimental Professor Frigerio, struggles to come to terms with his son's condition. Face to face with his own limitations, Frigerio confronts the strange way society around him handles Paolo's handicaps and observes his surprising gifts. In spare, deeply affecting episodes, the professor of language explores the nuanced boundaries between rmal and disabled worlds. A remarkable memoir of fathering, winner of the 2001 Strega Prize, Italy's most prestigious literary hor, Born Twice is ted Italian author Guiseppe Pontiggia's American debut. Sometimes meditative, often humorous, and always probing, Pontiggia's haunting characters linger and resound long after the book is done.
- Author BiographyBorn in Como in 1934, novelist and essayist Giuseppe Pontiggia was editor of Verri and co-editor of L'Almanacco dello Specchio. He is the best-selling and award-winning author of numerous novels and a collection of essays. Born Twice was awarded a Strega Prize, Italy's most prestigious literary award, in 2001, and is his first major work to appear in English.
- Author(s)Giuseppe Pontiggia
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight215 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.68
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.