All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIts mysterious symbols and rituals had been used in secret for centuries before Freemasonry revealed itself in London in 1717. Once kwn, Freemasonry spread throughout the world and attracted kings, emperors, and statesmen to take its sacred oaths. It also attracted great revolutionaries such as George Washington and Sam Houston in America, Juarez in Mexico, Garibaldi in Italy, and Bolivar in South America. It was outlawed over the centuries by Hitler, Mussolini, and the Ayatollah Khomeini. But where had this powerful organization come from? What was it doing in those secret centuries before it rose from underground more than 270 years ago? And why was Freemasonry attacked with such intense hatred by the Roman Catholic church? This amazing detective story answers those questions and proves that the Knights Templar in Britain, fleeing arrest and torture by pope and king, formed a secret society of mutual protection that came to be called Freemasonry. Based on years of meticulous research, this book solves the last remaining mysteries of the Masons-their secret words, symbols, and allegories whose true meanings had been lost in antiquity. With a richly drawn background of the bloody battles, the opportunistic kings and scheming popes, the tortures and religious persecution throughout the Middle Ages, it is an important book that may require that we take a new look at the history of events leading to the Protestant Reformation.
- Author BiographyJohn J. Robinson, now deceased, was a business executive and ex-marine as well as the author of several books including Dungeon, Fire and Sword: The Knights Templar in the Crusades.
- Author(s)John J. Robinson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/09/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM. Evans& Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.