All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionUh, oh, Blossom is in big trouble. Her grandfather warned her t to go beyond the village gates. After all, caterpillar in Twig Valley has ever ventured there and returned to tell. But Blossom has a dream in her heart-much too big a dream to stay stuck in tiny Twig Valley. For centuries the caterpillars of Twig Valley have lived with a Dark Cloud over the land. For as long as anyone can remember, caterpillar has become a butterfly. No one has dreamed of being anything more than bugs that crawl in the dust of the ground. Except Blossom. When Popi shows Blossom an ancient scroll, she learns about the Legend of the Dark Cloud with its mysterious riddle. The Legend promises that whoever solves the riddle will dispel the Dark Cloud-and dreams will once again return to the land. Against Popi's advice, late one night Blossom sets out on an adventure to solve the secret riddle. Her journey takes her t only through the village gates but into an unkwn land where she meets the evil Dream Thieves. Disguised as friends, they roam the land stealing the dreams of young caterpillars who dare to believe they are destined to soar. Born to Fly is a chapter book for young children, approximately the age level of Charlotte's Web and Bunnicula. This charming kids' book for ages 4-8 is a read-to-me book for younger children (kindergarten through grade 2) and an I-can-read book for older children. The story features a strong girl character as the hero who faces up to t only the Dream Thieves but also her own fears. In her quest to follow her dream, she learns valuable lessons (often the hard way) that will inspire and encourage girls and boys alike to pursue the dreams in their own hearts. This uplifting children's fiction book makes a delightful birthday present, Valentine's, Christmas or Hanukkah gift, or family gift from a grandparent, aunt or uncle who wants to encourage the little ones in their lives to dream big dreams. Born to Fly features 42 delightful illustrations in soft pastel by artist Leah Wiedemer. The story is written by Diana Scimone, a journalist whose work chronicling human rights and justice has taken her to more than 40 countries from Sudan to Zimbabwe. Scimone and Wiedemer have previously collaborated on the Adventures With PawPaw children's book series. A portion of book sales supports The Born2Fly Project to stop child trafficking, which Scimone founded.
- Author BiographyDiana Scimone is a writer and journalist. She has traveled to more than 40 countries including Sudan, Zimbabwe, Kenya, China, India, Thailand, and elsewhere. Diana is also author of the Adventures With PawPaw children's book series, and president of the Born2Fly Project to stop child trafficking. She was named one of the Top Ten Women Warriors of Twitter. You can follow her at @DianaScimone.
- Author(s)Diana Scimone
- PublisherPeapod Publishing, Incorporated
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeapod Publishing, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Leah Wiedemer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.