All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur childhood experiences shape us into the adults we become. Born to Write tells the stories of how six extraordinary children transformed early struggles into spellbinding bedtime reading for kids around the world. To ease the pain of being ostracized by her classmates, Madeleine L'Engle escaped to an invented world every night in her bedroom. Lucy Maud Montgomery lost her mother as a baby and her father appeared only sporadically throughout her life. And Philip Pullman, a seasoned traveler by age 10, used his long journeys by ship as inspiration for his remarkable vels. In Born to Write, Charis Cotter chronicles the early lives of these and other much-loved children's writers, including Christopher Paul Curtis, C.S. Lewis and E.B.White, revealing how each author's achievements and losses, triumphs and tragedies, helped shape our most beloved books. Interspersed throughout are sidebars highlighting other well-kwn children's authors, such as Hans Christian Andersen and Louisa May Alcott, whose works served as inspiration.
- Author BiographyCharis Cotter is an award-winning author of books for adults and young readers. She lives in Toronto and Newfoundland.
- Author(s)Charis Cotter
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width159 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Eugenie Fernandes
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.