CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.07
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.35
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $38.30
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $13.42
About this product
- DescriptionKarl Rove, the man who masterminded the rise of George W. Bush from goverr of Texas to the presidency, who advised Bush during two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, who some claim helped seize the 2004 election for Bush, and who was at the center of the Bush administration's two biggest scandals-the Valerie Plame Wilson affair and the U.S. attorneys scandal-is back.Since exiting the Bush administration, Rove has quietly become the greatest Republican power broker in the country. His pulpit is much vaster than his role as a commentator on Fox News and his regular columns for the Wall Street Journal suggest. His real strength is his ability to mobilize immense sums through the SuperPAC American Crossroads and similar organizations, and channel that money on behalf of Republican candidates.Kwing that Rove remains connected and powerful, Unger investigates Rove's politically controversial activities of times past, shedding important new light on them, and shows their relevance to his activities today. He scrutinizes Rove's roles in the Valerie Plame Wilson affair, the U.S. attorneys scandal, the strange events in Ohio on the night of the 2004 presidential election, and much more.But w that Rove is back in control of GOP political strategy and funding, there are pressing new questions: How did Rove do an end around on the Republican National Committee and build his own more powerful organization? In what ways did he subtly and t so subtly influence the 2012 Republican primary process? What did he say (and do) regarding candidates Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, and Rick Santorum? How did he placate the Tea Party, which he privately despises, even as he cleverly marginalized its importance? How did he and Mitt Romney draw closer as the GOP convention neared? How will he further benefit from a Romney victory? And if Romney loses, why will Rove remain powerful? Unger has the answers.As demonstrated in his previous books, Unger is adept at combining incisive reporting with the journalistic record to create a master narrative that sheds new light on a political subject. Detailed, fascinating, and entertaining, Boss Rove will interest t only listeners who want to kw more about the 2012 election but also those keen to understand the forces endangering American democracy. This up-to-the-minute journalistic report sheds crucial light on Rove's vital behind-the-scenes role in this fall's presidential election and in the future of American politics.
- Author BiographyCraig Unger is the author of American Armageddon, The Fall of the House of Bush, and the New York Times bestseller House of Bush, House of Saud. Mel Foster has narrated over 150 audiobooks and has won several awards. Twice an Audie finalist for 1864: Lincoln at the Gates of History by Charles Bracelen Flood and Finding God in Unexpected Places by Philip Yancey, he won for the latter title.
- Author(s)Craig Unger
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date07/01/2017
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Mel Foster
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time630
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.