All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoston, as any Bostonian will proudly tell you, has a long history of achievements and a fine heritage of preserved buildings and structures. Built on the banks of the River Witham in the late eleventh century, the town soon grew to be the busiest port outside of London. As a member of the Hanseatic League of North Sea and Baltic ports, with its widely famed annual fairs and markets, it was a lively and cosmopolitan place in the Middle Ages. This intriguing town - home to the mighty St Botolph's church, or Boston Stump, which towers over the town and surrounding Fens, and the birthplace of so many historically important figures and movements - has seen great change and growth over the past few centuries. A journey through Boston's history will delight visitors and residents alike. What better way to do this than to turn the pages of this beautifully illustrated book and experience Boston through time?
- Author BiographyHelen Shinn is the editor and co-founder of the bi-monthly magazine The Boston Old Times. A graduate of international relations, Helen appreciates the huge significance of Boston's historical Hanseatic trade links and pioneering migrations and explorations to America and Australia. Helen also owns and runs her own bookshop in Boston.
- Author(s)Helen Shinn
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.