All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the UK w has a good selection of guides to many local areas, both in print and online, there is thing that covers the entire country. Boulder Britain changes that. The book gives selective coverage of the top problems at the best venues in the most popular areas. However it also goes far off the kwn map to seek out the obscure and the unkwn, finding bouldering in unlikely locations. Boulder Britain is relevant to anyone who climbs or boulders in the UK. For those new to the sport it will show where the best places to visit are. With these people in mind the problem coverage is perhaps the most beginner-friendly of any bouldering guide yet produced. For climbers looking for a quick hit at the end of a day on the crags it shows where the nearest bouldering is. For advanced climbers looking for the country's best problems to test themselves on it will lead straight to them. For people who travel the country it will show where to find some sport close to major cities. For families on holidays it will point out relaxing venues nearby. The book is laid out with clarity and inspiration in mind. Hundreds of maps will take the strain out of finding a venue for the first time. Clear photo-topos show every problem making location a breeze. Notes on the general character, conditions, approach and climbing style let the reader kw what to expect. Stunning action photos reveal areas in their true glory.
- Author BiographyNiall Grimes has many years of climbing, writing and guidebook experience under his belt. He began climbing in 1986 and has been constantly active since then in all aspects of the sport. For the last 15 years he has been a climbing writer, contributing to magazines both at home and abroad and in 2009 won the internationally-acclaimed Banff Festival's Grand Prize for his book Revelations, co-written with Jerry Moffatt. For the past 10 years he has been producing guidebooks for the British Mountaineering Council.
- Author(s)Niall Grimes
- PublisherApe Index
- Date of Publication20/12/2011
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintApe Index
- Content Notefull colour photos and maps
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.