All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
About this product
- DescriptionJae is a slave in a dying desert world. Once verdant with water from a magical Well, the land is drying up, and one remembers the magic needed to keep the water flowing. If a new source isn t found soon, the people will perish. Jae doesn t mind, in a way. By law, she is bound by a curse to obey every order given her, matter how vile. At least in death, she ll be free. Elan s family rules the fading realm. He comes to the estate where Jae works, searching for the hidden magic needed to replenish the Well, but it s Jae who finds it, and she who must wield it. Desperate to save his realm, Elan begs her to use it to locate the Well. But why would a slave abused, beaten, and treated as less than human want to save the system that shackles her? Jae would rather see the world burn. Though revenge clouds her vision, she agrees to help if the realm s slaves are freed. Then Elan s father arrives. The ruler s cruelty kws limits. He is determined that the class system will t change and that Jae will remain a slave forever.
- Author BiographyBecky Allen grew up in a tiny town outside Ithaca, New York, and graduated from Brandeis University with a major in American studies and a minor in journalism. She is the website director of TheBody.com, an online HIV resource, and loves New York, brunch, and feminism. Becky lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Becky Allen
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.