All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionAt the political and religious crossroads where John Calvin and the Protestant Reformation had taken hold, the Catholic Diocese of Geneva struggled to convert their Protestant neighbours back to the Catholic Church while maintaining a tradition of piety and a firm disciplinary hand. This critical study examines the success of Catholic counter-reform in key rural villages and looks at the significant role played by Bishop Francois de Sales, who had the unusual challenge of dealing with the two political authorities of Savoy and France. Drawing from a wealth of primary sources, including visitation records of bishops and other diocesan documents, Jill Fehleison contributes to our understanding of early modern Catholicism as it addressed the challenges of coexisting with Protestantism.
- Author BiographyJill R Fehleison received her Ph.D. from Ohio State University in early modern European history. She is associate professor of history at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Jill R. Fehleison
- PublisherTruman State University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationKirksville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTruman State University Press
- Weight530 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.