All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoundless Solitude tells the story of Handan Sarp, a sopra at the Istanbul City Opera who has struggled throughout her life to come to terms with her lesbianism in a society that shuns the open expression of female queerness. The vel is constructed as a series of vignettes, which highlight the nature of memory as a means of reconstructing the past. Sarp is a woman whose future holds hope and whose life is shaped by the loneliness that results from her inner struggles as a lesbian in the restrictive social environment of Istanbul.
- Author BiographySelim Ileri is the author of 22 novels and a number of collections of short stories, including Saturday Loneliness and The Final Day of Friendship, which was awarded the Sait Faik Literary Award. In 1998, the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism awarded him the title of National Artist.
- Author(s)Selim Ileri
- PublisherMilet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication16/06/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMilet Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date21/10/2015
- Weight462 g
- Width135 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.