All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the statue in front of the Bournemouth International Centre which depicts an architect sitting on a WC pan, to the Labrador which convinced the police to drain a pond, Bournemouth Curiosities is filled with surprising stories, the history behind fascinating objects, and little-kwn trivia about the city. Each of the chapters deals with a separate and different curiosity, allowing the reader to dip in and out of the book at will.
- Author BiographyW.A.HOODLESS is a retired chartered surveyor who has a keen interest in writing and local history. His previous publications include Christchurch Curiosities and Air Raid: A Diary and Stories from the Essex Blitz. He is a member of the Christchurch Local History Society, for which he has written several articles. He lives in Bournemouth.
- Author(s)W. A. Hoodless
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight320 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.