All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBournemouth in Old Photographs offers a wonderful insight into the development of the town, from its earliest fishing villages to the growth of seaside resorts and coastal spas, attracting visitors from the surrounding counties. Bournemouth has always been blessed with sandy beaches and a warm climate, but it was slow to develop as a populated area. In 1851 the census recorded 695 people in the Bournemouth district and within ten years this leapt to 6,000 and a further ten years later to 17,000. Bournemouth w has a population of 163,444. This rise in the number of people living in the town brought with it many changes and new amenities. Alison Crawford explores these changes through her detailed captions and fascinating photographs. This book will charm anyone who kws the area well and those who are visiting for the first time.
- Author BiographyAlison Crawfordis a local historian.
- Author(s)Alison Crawford
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.