Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnne Yarbrough and her husband Greg Brown moved from city life in the United States to a remote Nova Scotia island, looking for something they couldn't name but felt was missing in their lives. Bowl of Light is Anne's record of their years on the island. Bowl of Light is a story about turning away from an over-developed, consumer-driven culture and gradually learning to embrace a quieter life in a more subtle world. It's told in fragments, the way life usually happens and the way we are usually able to make some meaning of it all, unfolding day by day and season by season. It is an explorer's tale about a place both near at hand and far away, both familiar and strange, and riddled with hidden spots and secret things. Bowl of Light is a meditation in bits and pieces on the power of place: an island made up of rivulets and ruins, bogs, boulders, ancient stone walls, fallen dead wood and spruce forests, all of it wrapped in water and silence and light; and wrapped, too, in that which we call holy, for want of some better word.
- Author BiographyAnne Yarbrough's nonfiction essays and poetry have been published in The Delmarva Quarterly, The Arkansas Times, The Christian Century, and The Griffin: A Quarterly Publication of Heritage Trust of Nova Scotia. Also trained as an historian, her scholarship has been published in Church History and The Journal of Social History. As an ordained pastor in The United Methodist Church Anne served parishes in and around Washington D.C. for twenty years before moving to an island off Nova Scotia. During four years on the island she kept on online diary, Nova Scotia Island Journal, on which Bowl of Light is based. She and her husband now live in Montreal. They are the parents of three adult children.
- Author(s)Anne Yarbrough
- Date of Publication23/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.