All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the leading authority on bowling's mental game, Dean Hinitz has worked with the premier players, coaches, and teams in the sport. He's helped countless pros elevate their scores, avoid slumps, and overcome stressors impacting performance. He's improved their play, w he's ready for you. In Bowling Psychology, you'll learn the mental strategies to perform your best, day in day out. From progressive muscle relaxing techniques to positive self-talk and focus cues, you will pick up spares more consistently, improve accuracy, and overcome anxieties. You'll also find invaluable insights, advice, and anecdotes from bowling's best, including: - Kim Terrell-Kearney - Jason Belmonte - Diandra Asbaty - Carolyn Dorin-Ballard - Rick Steelsmith - Bill O'Neil - Mike Fagan - Gordon Vadakin - Jeri Edwards - Bob Learn, Jr. - Amleto Monicelli - Fred Borden - LeAnne Hulsenberg - Del Warren - Del Ballard, Jr. - Rod Ross - Tommy Jones, Jr. - Jason Couch Manage pressure, find your focus, and reach your full potential With detailed information on topics including mindfulness training, sensory awareness, and the body-mind connection, Bowling Psychology is your all in one toolbox for mental mastery of the lanes.
- Author BiographyDean Hinitz, PhD, has been practicing sport psychology for more than 30 years. He is the sport psychologist for the U.S. bowling team, with facilities at the International Training and Research Center at USBC headquarters in Arlington, Texas, previously training at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. He is the lead mental game consultant in revising the curriculum for the United States Bowling Congress Gold Coaching Program. Hinitz has been the consulting sport psychologist for esteemed bowling programs at Wichita State University, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, Robert Morris University, and Webber International University--all of which have won national championships. He is the consulting psychologist for the Trevino Golf Institute and has consulted to the gymnastics team at the University of Minnesota as well as to the men's basketball and baseball teams and the women's volleyball and basketball teams at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. He is also a consultant to the athletic department at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. Hinitz has worked with numerous champions on the men's and women's pro bowling tours as well as with many amateur champions. For more than 10 years, he was a staff writer for Bowling This Month. He is considered by many to be the leading authority worldwide on the mental game of bowling. Hinitz earned his PhD in psychology from the University of Nevada at Reno, where he is an adjunct professor. He is a former governor's appointee to the Nevada State Board of Psychological Examiners and was previously the chief of psychology at West Hills Hospital in Reno. Hinitz maintains a private practice in Reno.
- Author(s)Dean Hinitz
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication10/04/2016
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones
- Weight499 g
- Width175 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.