All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy name is Harriet Manners, and I am a geek. The first three hilarious vels in the award-winning GEEK GIRL series - w available as a 3-book collection. Geek Girl: Harriet Manners kws that a cat has 32 muscles in each ear, a jiffy lasts 1/100th of a second, and the average person laughs 15 times per day. But she doesn't kw why body at school seems to like her. So when Harriet is spotted by a top model agent, she grabs the chance to reinvent herself...Model Misfit: Harriet Manners kws that humans have 70,000 thoughts per day. She also kws that Geek + Model = a whole new set of graffiti on your belongings. But Harriet doesn't kw where she's going to fit in once the new baby arrives. And with her summer plans ruined, modelling in Japan seems the perfect chance to get away...Will geek girl find her place on the other side of the world? Picture Perfect: Harriet Manners kws that New York is the most populous city in the United States. She kws that its official motto is 'Ever Upward'. But she kws thing whatsoever about modelling in the Big Apple and how her family will cope with life stateside. Or 'becoming a brand' as the models in New York say. And even more importantly, what to do when the big romantic gestures aren't coming your way from your boyfriend...Does geek girl go too far this time? The award-winning debut, GEEK GIRL, and brilliant follow-up titles in the bestselling series by Holly Smale.
- Author BiographyHolly Smale is the author of Geek Girl, Model Misfit and Picture Perfect. She was unexpectedly spotted by a top London modelling agency at the age of fifteen and spent the following two years falling over on catwalks, going bright red and breaking things she couldn't afford to replace. By the time Holly had graduated from Bristol University with a BA in English Literature and an MA in Shakespeare she had given up modelling and set herself on the path to becoming a writer. Geek Girl was the no. 1 bestselling young adult fiction title in the UK in 2013. It was shortlisted for several major awards including the Roald Dahl Funny Prize and the Branford Boase award, nominated for the Queen of Teen award and won the teen and young adult category of the Waterstones Children's Book Prize and the 11-14 category of the Leeds Book Award.
- Author(s)Holly Smale
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleGeek Girl
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Weight1160 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Contained items statementContains 3 Paperbacks
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.