All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEating disorders are usually associated with females but there are an increasing number of males affected by arexia and bulimia. Often there is a link between male eating disorders and athletic prowess, and the quest for physical perfection can result in damaging behaviours associated with diet, supplements and exercise. This unique and important book combines a mine of information with a readable and engaging case study. The author was shocked and horrified when her son developed arexia at the age of twelve. Having a research background, she naturally turned her attention to finding out as much as she could about how best to combat this terrifying illness. Her son is w fully recovered and has supported this book that t only describes their experiences, but also provides a practical guide on how to cope with male eating disorders. A much needed resource for other parents in similar situations, the book will also be of interest to people working in health centres, clinics and hospitals. It will also be invaluable for youth support groups, teachers and sports coaching staff, who are often the first to be aware of concerns about eating disorders in young men. Jenny is a Chartered Accountant who worked in the pharmaceutical industry for many years. Latterly she has also worked in the Financial Services Industry (for six years) as a pharmaceutical and healthcare analyst and salesperson. She is a member of the Eating Disorder Association and a volunteer member of their Self Help Network.
- Author BiographyJenny is a Chartered Accountant who worked in the pharmaceutical industry for many years. Latterly she has also worked in the Financial Services Industry (for six years) as a pharmaceutical and healthcare analyst and salesperson. She is a member of the Eating Disorder Association and a volunteer member of their Self Help Network.
- Author(s)Jenny Langley
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/2006
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleLucky Duck Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLucky Duck Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight319 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.