All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.63Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $47.52Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.25Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionFor ages 9-12. With humour and sensitivity, this book provides -nsense answers for children -- and parents -- with questions about sex. Specifically designed for young readers, the book walks children through the wonders of their bodies in a direct, easy-to-read manner. The story begins with Nicholas aged 7, and Jenny ages 5, learning about different types of science in their class-from ecology to the digestive system. Then Meg Hickling, a guest speaker, comes to talk to them about a new type of science. Hickling talks about the science names for the children's body parts, about good and bad touches and about making babies.
- Author BiographyMeg Hickling is a retired nurse, is an award-winning educator who has been dispelling the myths and instilling the knowledge of sexual health in children and parents for over 25 years. Her ability to convey difficult and controversial material with sensitivity and warmth distinguishes her as a remarkable teacher and role model. Her vision and influence have earned her The Canadian Home and School Federations Health Award, The YWCA Woman of Distinction Award for Health Education, The RNABC Award of Excellence, The Distinguished Service to Families Award, and most notably The Order of British Columbia, and The Order of Canada.
- Author(s)Meg Hickling
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication24/09/2002
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Noteillus
- Weight378 g
- Width280 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.