All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEric and Adam are two rmal American boys-except they are growing up throughout Africa. Even though their mother tries to keep their enthusiasm in check, the boys seek adventure in every single country they live. With a diplomat for a father, there's always somewhere new to go. In a series of vignettes shared by their mother, author Linda Pierce Plues, the boys display a knack for making friends. The first one they meet in Kinshasa is a baby pigmy chimp, which they don't hesitate bringing home. They also run into other animals, including a chameleon that bites and holds onto Eric's se. But thing surprises their mother more than a giant rat that Adam hunts down in Abidjan. The boys' exploits go beyond the imaginable, including a harrowing, one-hundred-mile ride from the Ka airport to their new home in Kaduna, Nigeria. Most families would have turned right around and headed back to the United States, but the Plues family press on until they must say goodbye to their beloved African friends.
- Author(s)Linda Pierce Plues
- Date of Publication02/03/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.