Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.15
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $32.92
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $42.00Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $41.87Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.89
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $17.47
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are human, you can braai. Cooking meat over a fire is something that defines our evolution as a species. The act of using fire to cook food even defines our social structure as mammals - thanks to the lucky lightning strike eons ago, and the fact that there were some steaks handy. Anything tastes better if you hold it over a fire for a while. Sure, it may t improve the flavour of Brussels sprouts, but if you leave them on for long eugh, it's a good way to get rid of them. Take everything you think you kw about cooking and forget it. Jean Nel is re-inventing the braai. It is about so much more than just steaks and boerewors; anything that can be eaten can be braaied. From salads to sides, meats to veg...you could even invite a vegetarian to a braai! In Braai the Beloved Country, Jean Nel shares his favourite braai recipes from 15 years of cooking, training and catering. The book contains the secrets of cooking everything from a perfect 'tjoppie' to breads and salads on that favourite South African cultural icon - the braai. Not only does he present a host of delicious and unexpected recipes; he goes beyond just cooking, covering everything you need to kw about the braai including the tools you'll need and their maintenance.
- Author BiographyJean Nel is a trusted instructor at the Pick n Pay Good Food Studio and an official Weber coach for the Western Cape. His recipes are staples in households across the country. Now he has finally written down all the recipes that make him such a sought-after teacher and corporate event caterer.
- Author(s)Jean Nel
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJacana Media
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight555 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.