All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrior to the nineteenth century, Bradford was very much a backwater. After that it was to become the metropolis of the worsted industry and enjoyed a prosperity scarcely equalled by any other portion of the kingdom. It was said at the time that the real energy of Yorkshire centred in Bradford. The times of growth were astounding and in 1897, when the town received its city status, Bradford truly was magnificent.Wherever you go in Bradford you cant escape its rich industrial past. Many of the old mills remain, either converted to housing or awaiting demolition. Bradford Through Time goes to show us in many ways what we have lost, many of the older images display a way of life that appears rich and energetic with a real pride. You may be forgiven for thinking in some cases that we have gone backwards and t forwards in time.
- Author BiographyMark is a keen social historian and has photographed Bradford from the core out for several years, recording the changing history of this great northern city. He is the owner of the Meanwood Park archive. Mark lives in Haworth, Bradford the home of the Bronte sisters.
- Author(s)George Sheeran,Mark Davis
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.