All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe 1948 Ashes tour is considered one of team sport's greatest achievements - matter which sport or which era. Just what is it about this gruelling summer of cricket that still inspires and fascinates players and fans alike? When bestselling author Roland Perry was writing his definitive biography of Donald Bradman, he had unrivalled access to the man who made this Ashes series a unique sporting competition - t simply ather series of first class cricket matches played in dismal post-War Britain. In BRADMAN'S INVINCIBLES, Perry draws on his extensive interviews with The Don himself - who led his squad with the precision, focus and ruthless determination of a General running a military campaign - as well other members of the tour. He takes us onto the field and into the minds of a complex, talented group of men who didn't always see eye to eye - with each other, the British media, and their opponents - but who were united in their love of the game and their will to win. In rich and compelling detail, BRADMAN'S INVINCIBLES brings to life that long ago summer. Perry shows us what happened, how it happened, who was involved, and gives us a compelling insider's view of this w legendary 1948 tour.
- Author BiographyRoland Perry is well known as the author of a number of cricket books ranging from the biographies of Donald Bradman, Keith Miller, Steve Waugh and Shane Warne, to accounts of other great tours and teams.
- Author(s)Roland Perry
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Weight680 g
- Width161 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.