All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains a collection of writings from the leaders in the fields of Molecular Biology and Melama Research which will begin to tell the ever-expanding story of the most recent findings, discoveries, and potential of BRAF-directed targets in melama. Recent research has shown that BRAF inhibitors are effective for a short period of time, but there is little hope that this drugs as single agents will lead to durable benefit in a majority of patients. Among scientists and researchers who work in drug discovery, there is a lot of interest in the development of molecularly targeted cancer agents. Namely, the identification of a molecular target, the selection of molecules which effectively inhibit this target. What is starkly different about the development of this class of compounds, however, is that the mechanism of action of these agents are t as straightforward as was once previously assumed and the mechanisms of resistance that tumor cells employ to evade complete destruction are unlike any that have been described before. These discoveries in addition to utilization of modern molecular biology techniques have led to a series of hypotheses regarding which other types of molecules could be used in combination with BRAF-inhibitors in hopes of revolutionizing the potential of therapeutics in melama.
- Author BiographyDr. Ryan J. Sullivan is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital and Dana Farber. His research interests are in the development of novel molecular therapeutic agents for Kaposi sarcoma (KS) and malignant melanoma and the translation of promising preclinical findings into early stage clinical trials. He serves as the co-director of the Eugene Michael Egan Melanoma Translational Research Laboratory at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) and is actively investigating promising biomarkers of response and benefit to immunotherapy and molecular targeted therapy for patients with melanoma.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCancer Drug Discovery and Development
- Series Part/Volume Number82
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 21 colour illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight485 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byRyan J. Sullivan
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.