All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough there are various studies comparing Greek and Indian philosophy and religion, and Chinese and Western philosophy and religion, Brahman and Dao: Comparatives Studies in Indian and Chinese Philosophy and Religion is a first of its kind that brings together Indian and Chinese philosophies and religions. Brahman and Dao helps close the gap on a much needed examination on the rich history of Buddhist transmission to China, and the many generations of Indian Buddhist missionaries to China and Chinese Buddhist pilgrims to India, including the legendary Bodhidharma, and Faxian and Xuanzang.
- Author BiographyIthamar Theodor is a scholar of Hinduism. A graduate of the Theology Faculty, University of Oxford, and a Life Member of Clare Hall, University of Cambridge, he is lecturer at the University of Haifa and visiting scholar at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Zhihua Yao is associate professor in the Department of Philosophy at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. His research interests cover Buddhist philosophy, Indian philosophy, and philosophy of religion.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication16/10/2015
- Series TitleStudies in Comparative Philosophy and Religion
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note13 black & white halftones, 7 tables
- Weight458 g
- Width150 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byIthamar Theodor,Zhihua Yao
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.